• If you have acrylic nails or a gel manicure on before your spray tan appointment, the spray tan will NOT ruin your nails.
• It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before your initial shower.
• Please exfoliate with a non-oil based, gritty scrub or exfoliant prior to your tan. You want to remove all dead skin so your tan looks as even as possible.
• It is recommended that you limit the amount you shave after your spray tan, as shaving is a form of exfoliation. However, shaving after your initial shower is okay.
• Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not effect your spray tan. However because of the way eyelash extensions are applied, it is recommended that they be applied before your spray tan appointment. They can be applied the same day, as long as it is before your spray tan! This is because of the gel pads/tape that is used in the application process.
• You CANNOT have any lotion, makeup, sunscreen or oil on your skin at the time of your appointment – even if it has been applied earlier in the day.
• Chapsticks/lip balms/glosses/lipsticks & mascaras are okay to have on during and after your tan.
• It is okay to have deodorant on during your tan.
What to Expect
? • If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella and/or wear protective clothing – such as long pants, long-sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.
• You may feel a little sticky and the spray tan does have a slight odor to it – this is normal. Although our Spray tan the smell and stickiness is minimal when compared to other places
• When needed, wash only the insides of your hands while the spray tan is developing. The most effective way to do this is with hand sanitizer or an antibacterial wipe.
• The bronzer may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain, however we cannot guarantee this. Dark colored clothing is recommended and wearing long sleeves and long pants to bed can prevent the bronzer from coming off on your sheets.
• It is recommended that you do not shower for 10-12 hours Showering before the 10-12 hour time frame may lighten up your color and impact the results of the spray tan.
• No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower after your spray tan. Doing so may cause streaks.
• DO NOT wash your face before your first shower. This also goes for not washing any makeup off your face before you go to bed. Sleep with your makeup on!
• Putting makeup on after your spray tan is okay, however you CANNOT wash your face until your initial shower.
• There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. Your color will lighten after you shower off the bronzer. You will see color coming off in your first shower. This is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, it is just bronzer.
• Shower before working out or sweating. Working out with the bronzer on may cause your tan to streak. We recommend rinsing the bronzer off, then working out and then taking a full shower – just so you do not have to take two full showers back-to-back.
• Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
• If you take your bra off when you get sprayed, we recommend leaving it off for as long as you can after your spray tan. Sports bras are NOT recommended to wear after your tan. If you have to put a bra on, we recommend wearing a strapless bra or tucking the bra straps in.
Long Term Aftercare
• Pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last as long.
• DO NOT exfoliate with loufas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
• DO NOT use scented body washes – such as Victoria’s Secret and Bath and Body Works. Non-scented/fragrance-free body washes and soaps are RECOMMENDED. SCENTED BODY WASHES AND SOAPS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED. Aveeno lotions are also NOT RECOMMENDED!
• Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs, however we do not recommend doing it daily. We DO NOT RECOMMEND using hair removal creams, such as Nair. This will remove your spray tan!
• The tan is not going to just disappear, you are going to notice it fading. You can start exfoliating when you notice it is starting to fade and/or in preparation for your next tan.
• Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are NOT RECOMMENDED because they can eat away at your spray tan. Your face will fade faster as you wash it more frequently. We recommend using gentle cleansers – exfoliating face washes + Clarisonics are NOT RECOMMENDED!
• Acne spot treatments are also NOT RECOMMENDED during the week your spray tan is on.
? • Moisturizing helps extend the life of your tan and it helps your tan to fade more evenly. We recommend using a hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free lotion!
• Spray tans typically last 4-8 days, however they can last longer or shorter than this. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. You can use any moisturizer.
• It is recommended to moisturize at least once a day, however twice a day is encouraged. You can start moisturizing after your first shower. NON-SCENTED/FRAGRANCE-FREE moisturizer is RECOMMENDED!
• Always wear sunscreen when out in the sun. Just because you look tan doesn’t mean your not going to burn.
• Wait at least one day before going in the ocean or a pool after your tan. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately.